We’ve all been there. You come home from work, only to find that your trash was not picked up. At this point, you may be wondering if we made a mistake or if there is something you didn’t do correctly. If this happens to you, don’t despair. Chances are it’s for one of these reasons:
- Your trash wasn't out by 6 a.m. Now you may be thinking, my driver comes every week on Tuesday at noon like clockwork. If I got it out a little later than usual, it’s no big deal. But in the world of trash collection, it's not always that simple. Remember, we don’t guarantee a trash pickup time, we only assign a day. Many things, such as route changes, truck issues, and weather can influence your trash pickup time. To ensure it is picked up, the best thing you can do is have it out there by 6 a.m. (or the night before in some areas).
- We just messed up. We do our best to make sure we provide you with the best service possible, but occasionally, we might miss picking up your trash. When that happens it could be because you’re new to the route, we’ve had route changes or we have a new driver working who doesn’t know the route as well. It’s never because we want to be mean.
- There’s a holiday or weather delay. It’s rare, but every once in a while we’ll cancel service if it’s not safe for our drivers to be out on the roads. We’ll also delay service by one day during the week of a major holiday (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day). You can also view our holiday schedule here.
- You forgot to pay your bill. We’ll call you and send you notices first, but if you still don’t pay your bill or make payment arrangements, we will put you in collections (aka temporally stop trash service). If this happens, you’ll need to call and make a payment in order to start your trash service again.
- The garbage truck couldn’t access the dumpster and/or your address. Sometimes it’s not that the garbage truck skipped your house, but rather that it couldn’t access the garbage. And this could be for any number of reasons: road work, road flooded, accident, etc. If this occurs and you cannot wait until the following week, please call the office to make other arrangements. However, if an obstruction (vehicles, machinery, etc.) was blocking the garbage truck from servicing your dumpster, we will not go back. It is the customer's responsibility to keep the dumpster free from any type of obstruction, especially on service day.